Hi everyone! This is the Walton Trail District. Thank You for Looking at our page. The Walton Trail District serves the Lebanon, Watertown (Wilson County Area), Smith, Trousdale, and Macon County.
The Walton Trail District consists of 12 Cub Scout Packs, 12 Boy Scouts Troops, 2 Venturing Crews, 1 Sea Scout unit and 1 Exploring Post. To see a unit close to you, please go to www.beascout.org . Walton Trail is in the Heart of Scouting with Boxwell Scout Reservation on its back porch. Come check us out and find a unit that fits your needs. Walton Trails Adult Leaders and Scouts have a great time with activities year around with lots of Fun and Exciting Outdoor Experience that teaches life skills. Come, Join, and Start your adventures with Walton Trail today.
Feel free to contact us so we can help serve you a great program.
This is Scouting. Click here to check out this awesome video of Summer Camp at Boxwell Scout Reservation, shown through the eyes of the boys.
As the fun of day camps and camping at Boxwell come to an end and with school beginning, this marks the time to get Hooked on Scouting. This year, the Units will be conducting School Sign Up Nights with a REEL Fishing theme, as this year’s theme is Get Hooked On Scouting. Keep your eyes open for the sign up dates and times at your local schools. Also, mark your calendars for the Fishing derby at Boxwell Scout Reservation on September 26, 2015.
Eagle Family of Five
Did you know that the Walton Trail District had a family in our district with 5 Eagle Sons?
- Joseph A. Midgett - December 8, 2011. Eagle Scout Project was designing and building two new masonry dugouts for the Major League Babe Ruth/Rotary Baseball Park in Lebanon, TN. A HSWSA All-American Baseball player in High School, Joseph received a baseball scholarship to play for Cumberland University in Lebanon, where he is studying Athletic Training/Physical Therapy.
- Nathaniel J. Midgett - December 12, 2009. Eagle Scout Project was designing, building, and stocking a portable puppet stage for the Wilson County Public Library. Nathan is currently in the Architecture program at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and will be studying abroad in Japan this summer to explore Japanese landscape and building architecture.
- Jonathan E. Midgett - November 29, 2007. Eagle Scout Project was designing and building a large wheelchair ramp at the house of a family with a disabled daughter near Cainsville, TN. Jonathan graduated from Lipscomb University with a Mathematics degree, and is currently working for Service Source in downtown Nashville. He is an avid enthusiast in rock climbing/bouldering, and enjoys playing guitar and leading worship at his church.
- Dan E. Midgett III - October 9, 2006. Eagle Scout Project was building a pavilion picnic shelter in Antioch, TN. He cut cedar trees and used them in the design and building of the structure. Dan graduated from Lipscomb University with a Mechanical Engineering degree, and is currently obtaining a PhD at Johns Hopkins in Bio-mechanical Engineering while doing research to understand and treat glaucoma in Baltimore, MD.
- The last of the 5 sons of Dan Midgett, Micah A. Midgett completed his Eagle Scout Project on March 21, 2015. The project was designing, fundraising, and building a two tower fort, including a wooden bridge, a rope bridge, 2 slides and a chain ladder for a playground in Antioch. Micah is a sophomore at the Frances Shaffer Study Center in Mount Juliet, TN. He plays piano and is an avid Minecraft Map Maker. Micah is part of an international team creating adventure/survival maps on this forum.
Congratulation to the Midgett Family of Eagle Scouts. Once an Eagle Always an Eagle Congratulations
|Train the Trainer Edge Course||August 1, 2015. 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Jet Potter Scout Center. Cost is $10
Click here to register
|Den Chief Training||August 8, 2015.
Contact Danny Ray, Training Chair, at 615-594-3921
|New Leaders Training Blitz||September 12, 2015.
Location TBA. Contact Danny Ray, Training Chair, at 615-594-3921
|Baloo Training||September 26, 2015
Cooks United Methodist Church
Start 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Cost is $10
To sign up and register, contact Tracey Rodenbach 615-774-3117
|District Leaders & Committee Training||September 2015 TBA|
- For Youth Protection Training, contact Cheryl Merrit at 615-410-0145
- For Cub Scout Trainings, contact Tracey Rodenbach at 615-774-3117
- For Boy Scout Trainings, contact Randy Hankins at 615-207-9763
- All other Trainings, contact The Training Chairman Danny Ray at 615-594-3921
- For additional information, please come to the Round Tables at Cumberland University the 2nd Monday each month in Labry Hall at 6 p.m. Thank you.
|September 26, 2015||Bobcat Day And Cub Scout Fishing Derby at Percy Dempsey, Boxwell Scout Reservation.
Bobcat Activities 8 a.m.-9 a.m. Fishing Derby 9 a.m.-noon. Cost is $5.
|September 25-26 2015||Boy Scout Fall Camporee hosted by Troop 900. Contact Scoutmaster Marvin Denham at 615-655-2894|
|Fall Cub And Family at Boxwell Scout Reservation.|
|November 14, 2015||Webelos Pin Day with Troop 293. College Hills Church of Christ.
Contact the Scoutmaster of Troop 293, Curtis Rowlett, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|November 17, 2015||Boy Scout and Venturing Crew Open House at Cumberland University. Come check out all the Troops, Crews and Ships in Wilson County.
For more information, contact Jason Flannery at 615-294-0865. Open to the Public
|November 21, 2015||Raingutter Regatta. The annual Cub Scout racing event with Sail Boats hosted by Pack 150.
Location is at Immanuel Baptist Church, Lebanon TN. Cost $7 for early bird registration; $10 after November 6.
Contact Cheryl Merrit at 615-410-0145
|December 27-31, 2015||Winter Camp at Boxwell and Latimer.|
|January 23, 2016||Space Derby held by Pack 435.
This is the 2nd annual Space Derby where Cub Scouts build rockets and race them.
For more information, please contact Pack 435 at email@example.com. In case of a cancellation due to weather, the next date will be January 30 2016.
|February 27, 2016||District Annual Awards Banquet TBD. Hosted By Pack 150.
For more information contact Cheryl Merrit at 615-410-0145
|March 5, 2016||Cumberland Merit Badge University at Cumberland.
For more information, contact George Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|April 9, 2016||District annual Pinewood Derby Race hosted by Pack 148.
This event is for cub scouts to create and build a car and race them down a track good fun for the whole family to get involved.
For more information contact Peggy Hawkins at 615-556-1397.
|April 29 - May 1, 2016||Spring Cub and Family Camp out hosted by Pack 435.
This event is the spring camp out for the Cub Scouts in the District. All Cub Scout Families are invited. For more information, contact Pack 435 at email@example.com
|May 7, 2016||Cumberland University Graduation.
Walton Trails annual service project to help the University that helps the District in so many ways. Mark your calendars for this date, as we need all Scouts to come together and give back to Cumberland University.
For more info, contact Jason Flannery
|May 13-15, 2016||Boy Scout Spring Camporee. TBD.
For more information, come to Round Table.
|June 13-17, 2016||Lebanon Day Camp at Cedars of Lebanon, Theme TBD. Contact Dawn Floyd for more info.|
|June 20-24, 2016||Lafayette Day Camp at City Park in Lafayette, Theme TBD.
Contact Josh Pedigo for more info